Halloween Quiz: Answers!
Posted on October 31, 2011 at 3:42 pm
Congrats to Toby for the most right answers!
1. High school witches get revenge on a mean girl by making her hair fall out but then their spells become more deadly.
2. When attendees at a witch convention discover that a boy knows who they are, they turn him into a mouse.
3. A brother and sister move into a haunted house and unravel a mystery about what happened to the mother of their beautiful but troubled neighbor.
4. A suburban mother thinks the ghosts in her home are kind of fun until they kidnap her daughter.
5. A young widow is befriended by the ghost of a sea captain.
“The Ghost and Mrs. Muir”
6. 300 years after they were hung, three witches return to Salem, Massachusetts to suck the life from children.
7. A witch needs the heart of a star to keep her looking forever young.
8. A witch kidnaps a princess to keep her looking forever young.
9. A beautiful witch casts a spell on a publisher to make him fall in love with her with the help of her cat, Pyewacket.
“Bell, Book, and Candle”
10. One of America’s most acclaimed novelists wrote a book that became a movie about three witches in New England who summon a newcomer who just might be the devil.
11. The ghosts are the good guys in this story about a loving couple who retain the services of a people exterminator when a wealthy but crass couple move into their home.
12. The ghost of a departed spouse creates complications (at least three possible answers!).
“Blithe Spirit,” “Hello Again,” and “Kiss Me Goodbye”
Bonus question: What actress played witches in two of the movies listed above?