1. What Oscar-winning director is the son and father of Oscar-winning performers and what was his connection to their award-winning films?
Director John Huston won an Oscar for “The Treasure of the Sierra Madre,” and directed both his father, Walter Huston and his daughter, Anjelica Huston, in the films that won them Oscars as well.
2. What was the first film to win all five top awards: Best Picture, Actor, Actress, Director, and Screenplay? (Extra credit if you can name the only other two films to sweep these categories.)
“It Happened One Night” followed by “One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest” and “Silence of the Lambs”
3. Who tied for Best Actress in 1969?
Barbra Streisand and Katharine Hepburn
4. Who was speaking when a streaker interrupted the Oscar broadcast in 1974?
5. Who mangled the name of singer/actress Idina Menzel in 2014?
6. Which Best Actor winner swept presenter Halle Berry off her feet with a passionate kiss?
7. Who is the only person named Oscar to actually win an Oscar?
Lyricist/writer Oscar Hammerstein (but I’m betting Oscar Isaac will win one soon)
8. What was special about the special Oscar awarded to Walt Disney for “Snow White?”
Here it is!
9. Who was the first (and so far, only) woman to win the Best Director Oscar?
Kathryn Bigelow for “The Hurt Locker”
10. What is unusual about two-time Best Editing Oscar nominee Roderick Jaynes?
He doesn’t exist. It’s a pseudonym for the Coen brothers.