Quiz: Romantic Movies for Valentine’s Day
Posted on February 11, 2010 at 8:00 am
Get in a romantic mood for Valentine’s Day with a quiz on some of the classic movie love stories. And then pick one to watch with your valentine!
1. A bookkeeper falls for a baker though she is engaged to his brother in this tempestuous love story.
2. She wants to kiss him but doesn’t know where the noses go.
3. Their characters’ first date is a baseball game in this movie whose stars became a real-life couple off screen.
4. The first English-language version of this story about a couple who does not know they are in love was in black and white. The second was a musical. What is the name of the third version, updated to the internet era? (Bonus points for naming the first two.)
5. Adam gets married to a woman he just met and discovers only later how much he loves her in what film?
6. A mysterious blonde in a white car mouths “I love you” to a teen-ager played by what future Oscar-winner in a classic film set in California?
7. A runaway princess and a reporter find live in what city named in the movie title?
8. An unhappy couple take extreme measures to try to forget each other in what trippy love story?
9. A pampered young woman has to learn how to manage a farm while the man she loves is away at war in what romantic film based on an acclaimed novel?
10. A devoted husband of many years visits his wife in a nursing home to read her a love story in what movie based on a popular book?